Rosen Kirshen Tax Law is a boutique law firm that specializes in Canadian taxation law, specifically tax dispute resolution with the Canada Revenue Agency, and the Department of Justice. We offer an engaging atmosphere with opportunities for mentorship, skills development and advancement. We work with corporations and individuals to assist with a full range of taxation issues.
We are currently seeking two bright, energetic and engaged articling students to join our growing team. The successful candidates will be intelligent, organized and efficient individuals, with the ability to problem solve and take initiative.
Description of Program:
- One candidate will article under Jeff Kirshen, and the other under Jason Rosen, and will provide the following legal services:
- Conducting legal research and preparing memoranda
- Participate in audits, objections, and special projects
- Assist in the preparation of materials for tax court appeals and judicial reviews
- Carriage of files related to taxpayer relief applications, and collections matters
- Maintain precedent files and database
- Prepare contracts and corporate documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Student membership in the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Eligibility for articling in accordance with the requirements set out by the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Knowledge of tax legislation
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation
- Ability to meet urgent deadlines and to handle multiple tasks based on their priority
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, undergraduate and law school transcripts. Letters of reference, and writing samples are not required but are appreciated. Please consolidate all of the required items into one document.
Salary commensurate with skills.
Please forward application to firstname.lastname@example.org.