Tax Court Services

If you disagree with the Canada Revenue Agency’s (“CRA”) decision resulting from an audit or objection, you can appeal the assessment or determination to the Tax Court of Canada (“TCC”).

Voluntary Disclosure

Second chances don’t often happen in life.  Have you failed to report income, overstated your expenses, or were you unaware that you were required to disclose foreign assets?

Taxpayer Relief 

Do you have a tax debt that seems impossible to pay off due to the high interest rates and penalties imposed by the CRA?  Did you realize that both interest and penalties are discretionary charges?
Tax Debt

Are you unable to pay your bills or operate your business due to your bank account being frozen by the CRA? Having difficulty refinancing your home because the CRA has a lien on your property?

If the tax auditor believes that a tax return was filed incorrectly or contained inaccurate information, it is likely that the taxpayer will be reassessed by the Canada Revenue Agency.

Unfiled Returns

If you have unfiled tax returns, the CRA may have filed arbitrary returns for you. These are fake returns created to get your money! Rosen Kirshen Tax Law knows what it takes to get you filed up to date, and get you back on track with your tax reporting obligations.


CRA Penalties and Interest

CRA Penalties and Interest

16.08.2018 / by Jeff Kirshen / 0 comments

The Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) can charge interest and penalties for a variety of reasons. Perhaps more worrisome is the alarming rate that penalties and interest can accrue at thereafter. Interest and penalties can easily accumulate to amounts greater than…

Tax Audits and the Reasonable Minimum Standard

Tax Audits and the Reasonable Minimum Standard

9.08.2018 / by Jeff Kirshen / 0 comments

Anyone who has been audited will tell you about the amount of time they spent compiling receipts, bank statements, and other documentation to refute assessments made by an auditor. Once an auditor has made their determination of what a taxpayer…

Principal Residence Audit

Principal Residence Audit

26.07.2018 / by Jeff Kirshen / 0 comments

A Principal Residence audit occurs when the Canada Revenue Agency audits a taxpayer for the sale of one, or multiple properties where no taxes are paid. No taxes are paid because the taxpayer is claiming the Principal Residence Exemption, which…

The British Columbia Speculation Tax

The British Columbia Speculation Tax

16.07.2018 / by Jeff Kirshen / 0 comments

It’s no secret that Vancouver is one of Canada’s hottest real estate markets, and that other large urban centres in British Columbia have enjoyed similar popularity in investment patterns. A limited supply of housing, however, has caused issues with accessibility….