Rosen Kirshen Tax Law is a boutique law firm that specializes in Canadian taxation law, specifically tax dispute resolution with the Canada Revenue Agency, and the Department of Justice. We offer an engaging atmosphere with opportunities for mentorship, skills development and advancement. We work with corporations and individuals to assist with a full range of taxation issues.
We are currently seeking two bright, energetic and engaged summer students join our growing team. The successful candidate will be an intelligent, organized and efficient individual, with the ability to problem solve and take initiative. We are particularly interested in finding someone who is detail-oriented and who thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, small business setting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting senior partners with tax dispute resolution matters with the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Working on litigation files in the Tax Court of Canada, Federal Court, and Federal Court of Appeal;
- Negotiations with the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Legal research;
- Managing client files;
- Assisting with corporate maintenance; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Second year law student;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint);
- Experience with Amicus Online or similar document management system;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- A self- starter and team player with a professional manner;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while balancing different priorities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Please forward CV, Transcripts, and Cover Letter. Reference letters and writing samples are not mandatory but are appreciated. Starting date is May 1, 2019. Salary commensurate with skills.
End date for applications is February 1, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time (summer)
Please forward application to email@example.com.