Rosen Kirshen Tax Law is a boutique law firm that specializes in Canadian taxation law, specifically tax dispute resolution with the Canada Revenue Agency, and the Department of Justice. We offer an engaging atmosphere with opportunities for mentorship, skills development and advancement. We work with corporations and individuals to assist with a full range of taxation issues.
Who You Are
We are currently seeking a driven, focused and experienced litigator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be an intelligent, organized and efficient individual, with the ability to problem solve and take initiative. We are particularly interested in finding an associate who is dedicated to our clients and someone that will thrive in a fast paced, rewarding and well balanced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising clients in respect of tax issues with respect to the dispute resolution process;
- Representing clients in litigation before the Tax Court of Canada and the Federal Court;
- Providing effective representation for our clients in respect of federal and provincial audits;
- Preparing notices of objection and written representations to the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Managing and growing client relationships;
- Providing guidance and support to junior lawyers, students-at-law, summer law students;
- Working cohesively with our legal support team (paralegals and law clerks); and
- Coordinating voluntary disclosures and taxpayer relief applications.
- an LL.B. or J.D.;
- in good standing with the LSO; and
- at least 3 years of post-call experience in tax dispute and litigation at a reputable law firm.
- Tax litigation experience (minimum 3 years);
- Client Service mindset with a “can do” attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Work independently and also be a flexible team player;
- Highly organized, with meticulous attention to detail; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work With Us
RKTL is dedicated to rewarding your contributions and encouraging your professional development. We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our benefits include:
- Quarterly financial bonuses;
- Monetary incentive for client procurement;
- Professional fees;
- Continuing Professional Development;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Personal days;
- Paid vacation and sick days;
- Flexible working arrangements; and
- An engaging firm culture.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. You can submit your application (resume and cover letter) via email to email@example.com
We are always looking for experienced paralegals, law clerks, lawyers and administrative staff to join our growing team. If you have previous experience in the field, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume and cover letter.