Business Formation

Want to start a business but don’t know how? Rosen Kirshen Tax Law provides services in relation to incorporating federal and provincial corporations as well as providing strategic advice regarding director and officer responsibilities and obligations. We also explain how to reduce your tax liabilities through your new legal arrangement. Our lawyers will review your personal circumstance and goals to determine whether it is advisable to operate your business through a corporation, a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a trust or a joint venture. There are tax benefits and consequences related to each and incorporation is not for everyone. For example, if you anticipate losses in the first year of operation it may be tax efficient to operate as a sole proprietorship for the first year and then roll the assets and goodwill of your business into a corporation once it is profitable.

We can assist you with the establishment of a business structure that best suits your needs. If you are a small start up not looking to incorporate just yet, we can assist you with obtaining a registered trade name and business licence to get your business going and growing.


Rosen Kirshen Tax Law has the knowledge and experience to advise you on the best method of business arrangement from both a legal and tax perspective. Talk to one of our lawyers today!


CRA Resources

Sole Proprietorships and Partnerships

Small Businesses and Self-Employed Income

Business Expenses




How Professionals Incorporate to Save on Taxes

Incorporation vs. Sole Proprietorship

Section 85 Rollover


This posting provides information of a general nature only.  It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles and postings. If you have specific legal questions you should consult with a lawyer.