At Rosen Kirshen Tax Law, we believe that proper tax structuring and planning is key to the successful outcome of transactions or investments. Much of our tax practice involves structuring of business arrangements and investments to optimize the tax position of our clients.
If you run your own business, there are many opportunities to split the income between family members to lower the overall tax burden of the family. In addition, pension splitting can be a great way to minimize taxes owing.
Dividends vs. Salary
Should you be taking dividends or salary? This is always a question our clients pose. Each situation is unique and the right choice is based on your individual needs. Our article explains a general scenario, and should you want an opinion on this, we would be happy to assist.
The use of shareholder loans can be an excellent tax planning tool. However, please keep in mind that there are strict rules that must be adhered to in order to take advantage of this tax “loophole.”
Tax planning for taxpayers, whether corporations or individuals, is an important process that is done to reduce all taxes owing to the Canada Revenue Agency. Tax law is constantly evolving, and RKTL keeps tabs on these changes so that we are able to provide the most efficient tax plan possible. This way we are able to minimize taxes to the greatest extent on behalf of our clients.
We provide tax planning, and assistance with the following:
- Structuring your Business;
- Incorporating or Registering a Sole Proprietorship;
- Reviewing Books and Records to Determine a Tax Minimization Strategy;
- Tax Filings whether Current or Past;
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Real Estate Purchase and Sales;
- Shareholder Agreements;
- The Principal Residence Exemption;
- Tax Shelters and Gifting Arrangements;
- Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption;
- International and Offshore Tax Issues;
- United States;
- Transfer Pricing;
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program (SR&ED);
- Employee and Executive Compensation; and
- Pension Plans.
If you are looking for a comprehensive tax plan so that you can pay less in taxes, call us today!
This posting provides information of a general nature only. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All taxation situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles and postings. If you have specific legal questions you should consult with a lawyer.